Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Time Has Come

Why hello there blog friends-

The last time I blogged, I wrote about a MAVS game that I was able to attend....

But what I DIDN'T tell you- was this:

I ACCEPTED A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!

That same Wednesday- about 30 minutes after getting the call about the tickets- I got a call about a job. :-) And I accepted!

Starting Tuesday- May 11- I will be going to work at Life Outreach International. I will be working in social media and to say that I am excited about this new job would be a huge understatement.

I put in my two weeks at my job and was given the most amazing send off a person could ask for. To my co-workers....if any of you ever happen upon my blog- know that you made my last 2 weeks there so special. From flower deliveries, to the big Italian luncheon and gift cards.... to the Friday 'pool party' send off....You all amazed me. While grateful for the 3 years of growth and learning there- I know that it was time for me to step into a new season- and new season it will be!!!!

So. That is my big news :-) I start on TUESDAY!!!!

Not only that- but as I drove back from a Mothers Day lunch with my mom- I stopped in to check the mail since I'd not gotten it this weekend- and inside was a card that made my heart WAYYYYY happy.

Inside was a "Welcome Minda" card filled with messages from different people that I'll be working with! They were all letting me know they are excited to meet me and for me to be a part of their team.

My heart broke into a happy dance and I immediately called my mom and said "Not only does the card make me happy- but it was SNAIL MAIL! And THAT was speaking my love language!!!"

By the way- I'm writing this blog post from my NEW COMPUTER! (which I didn't really tell anyone about because most of my friends are MAC snobs and they would have stoned me had I told them I got another PC. But whatever. I paid cash for it and I'm proud of it! :-) )

Another blog post will come soon with more details of the past 3 or so weeks of my life ;-) But for now- this will do! I needed to at least get that out here for you all to read!!!

More to come soon..... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, that's just the sweetest thing ever (the card from the new peeps you'll be working with!)

    and I promise to not be a MAC snob and respect your PC decision ;)

    ReplyDelete

The one about the next chapter

#MindaOnTheMove 4.5 years ago, I made the “ fifteen minute drive north ” to Washington, DC from Tallahassee, Florida. And yes, if yo...