Wednesday, August 4, 2010

your name....

This week I've been spending time in the morning reading in each of the gospels- the burial and Resurrection of Jesus.

While I've read each of these many a time.....I decided to go back and re-read after having my moment this past weekend (see this blog post http://marypoppinswasntperfect.blogspot.com/2010/07/do-you-really-believe.html )
 
In Matthew- I read in chapter 28 how an angel was sent down to roll back the stone and he popped a squat there on the stone and got to tell the good news.  What an awesome assignment for an angel, right??? How cool did HE feel??  Made me start thinking about how often I find my self in a season where I'm sitting...and waiting.
 
I have not necessarily considered my season of sitting...'awesome'.....but it could be.  As long as I'm sharing the good news and chillin out- what's to be upset about?? :-)
 
Also- in Luke- Jesus has been raised, he's appeared to the disciples, and shown them His nail scars. Luke 24:45 says "Then He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures."  I just was realizing how important it is for me to ask Him to open my mind before reading His Word. So often I've found myself reading and words just kept passing before my eyes....words words words..... But if He opens my mind to understand it- the revelation of His Word will start DRIPPING off the pages.
 
And this morning....In John.  First of all- I have to say I find it hilarious that John always refers to himself as 'the disciple that Jesus loved'.....
 
Even more funny is he says in chapt 20- (they've just gotten news that the tomb is empty)....v.3 says "So Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, started running for the tomb. Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went in. ....v. 8- Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first....saw and believed."
 
I think John would have been a good nertz card player....He seems to have had a little bit of a competitive edge to him ;-)
 
But seriously...Ok- so as I continued reading, I read a verse that made my heart stop.
 
"Then the disciples went back to their homes, but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw 2 angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?"  "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
Ok....First side note- I just imagine Mary being such an emotional wreck....She's crying....her eyes are puffy.....she's got snot running everywhere- but she doesn't care.  She is just so sad.  I know that I've been in a place in which I was doing the 'ugly cry' and I was so upset that I wouldn't be able to see anything going on around me.....where I was just so undone and a wreck.....I can imagine that's how Mary was.
 
Verse 15- "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
 
Thinking he was the gardener, she said "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
 
 
Jesus said to her, "Mary."
 
 
 
All he had to do was say her name. 
 
I love that. He just stated her name and immediately she knew. 
 
When I read that verse this morning- I knew what was coming- but all I could see on my page was this:
 
 
Jesus said to her, "Minda."
 
 
Do you need to hear Him say your name today?
 
He's there. He's not dead.  He's not in a tomb.
 
He's alive.  And He's calling your name to let you know He's there.
 
Listen for your name today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you lately that you bless me? Excellent word dear friend... excellent.

    Thank you, Jesus, for using Your precious Minda to minister to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

The one about the next chapter

#MindaOnTheMove 4.5 years ago, I made the “ fifteen minute drive north ” to Washington, DC from Tallahassee, Florida. And yes, if yo...