Friday, September 10, 2010

"I will see it and remember"

Wednesday we had a CRAZY/amazing amount of rainfall in the DFW area.
 
I got out in the rain at 5am on my way to the gym. At 7am on my way to Starbucks. And at 7:55am to head to work.  The roads were crazy- so much rain that I was afraid to go more than 30 miles an hour because I couldn't see anything in front of me!
 
 
It also happened to be the day that I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the office. 
 
So here's what you need to picture:
 
I pull into work. I am balancing 3 pans of cinnamon rolls- i have my purse on my shoulder, and my cup of coffee in another hand.  Which leaves NO room to carry an umbrella.
 
Also- there's a small river in the parking lot that i could have avoided if I'd jumped- but you can't jump while balancing 3 pans of cinnamon rolls.  So i trudged through the parking lot river. 
 
I walk into the office completely drenched.  My first thought was "wow.....so glad I spent time blow drying my hair today!!!!" 
 
Anywho- I was out in the rain a couple more times yesterday and each time- I came back in DRENCHED.....and i mean drrrrenched!!! (anne of avonlea, anyone?)  Ok.  So yeah.
There were crazy storms.
 
As I was driving home I saw a ginormous rainbow covering the sky (no 'double rainbow' jokes for you here).....and I know that this is SO simple- but I just was reminded of His promise.  The REASON we even SEE rainbows is because God created them to give HIMSELF a reminder of His promise.....That He would stay true to His Word.
 
The Lord said: "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the sky I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13-16
 
And here we are- thousands of years later- and it is still a reminder to us.  That He is true to His Word.  That He does not fail in keeping His promise. It is a reminder to God- but also to us. That He keeps His promise.
 
Do you have reminders set up for yourself to remind you of His promise?  As I saw that rainbow- I couldn't help but grin in excitement of knowing that HIS PROMISE IS SURE.
 
I have verses posted all over my office at work...all over my room...in my car..... To remind me of His promise.
 
He is Good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. WAHOO!! MY NAME TOTALLY MADE IT IN THIS BLOG!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! (in the pic I mean) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMM....Homemade cinnamon rolls... We could have been best buds girl. And praise the Lord girl. I admire your enthusiasm about your religion. I am right there with you. Only through Him is anything possible.

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...