Friday, September 10, 2010

take THAT!

So, this week I've been reading in Jeremiah.

AND.

This morning I got a little frustrated with my bible....not gonna lie.

In Jeremiah chapter 1 we find out that the Lord has called Jeremiah to bring a word to the people of Israel. And this word is NOT pretty, people. Not pretty at all.

The people have been unfaithful to the Lord and He's tired and fed up.

Jeremiah does as the LORD commands him to do and he continues to hear the Lord and speak what he is commanded to speak.

We get to chapter 30 and 31 and we finally see relief. There is a message of restoration for the people. (or at least, I was relieved.)

Weeeelllll. Jeremiah keeps doing as commanded and he ends up in some sticky situations....basically because of the Word of the Lord. It's not him they are upset with...they just don't like the Word he is bringing.

In chapter 37, Jeremiah is doing his thing when he is captured and put in prison....and as verse 16 says..."for a long time."

My first thought, is how long is a long time?!!??!

And secondly- I think HE WAS JUST BEING OBEDIENT! WHY THE HECK DOES HE HAVE TO GO TO PRISON!?!?!?!

Ugh. I kinda, maybe, halfway, sorta wrote that really big in my bible next to that passage....oops.

Either way. I keep reading.

We go through a couple more chapters and end up in chapter 39 in which Babylon has come and taken over the land...just like Jeremiah had spoken would happen.

BUT! In verse 12. The king gives orders to his commanders and says "Take him and look after him(Jeremiah). Don't harm him but do for him whatever he asks."

As soon as I read that...The Lord quickly spoke and said "see, Minda....I still took care of him!....Just as I will you."

Some of you may need or want to insert your name where i just put my own name.....go ahead. I needed to hear that this morning. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe I missed your blogpost on the very first book I read as a Christian and one of my favorite books of the Bible.

    Thank you for such lovely memories of God's promises.

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...