Monday, October 4, 2010

Value His Voice


This weekend, Pastor Robert gave a message titled "Value His Voice" in which he gave practical tips on how to hear God's voice. One of the things that stood out to me the most was when he said "You have got to set an appointment for purposeful time with Him. If you don't set an appointment, you won't show up!"
This is SO true! Last year in August, I set my first purposeful appointment and have NOT been disappointed. I could hear in Pastor Robert's voice- his pleading...almost daring the congregation to just TRY it. Seriously! I completely understood what he meant. Really. If you just actually SET THE APPOINTMENT- you will show up. And undoubtedly....so will He.

Another point Pastor Robert made was to "listen and write." I know that not everyone journals, but this is so key. Sometimes I will just start writing my prayers out and that gets the ball rolling. Sometimes I'll ask the Lord a question and say "What do YOU think about this situation.".....and I'll just start writing how I think the Lord would feel about the situation. There have been times I've done this and when I stop my pen- I've realized that 5 pages have been filled up. If you just have your pen ready.....

I love this verse in this picture.... "The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the Word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning...wakens my hear to listen like one being taught." Isaiah...

Show up to your appointment. He will speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment