New Routine

Most of you have known for sometime now that my morning routine involves a 5am wake up alarm- a workout at the gym, getting ready- then planting myself at a local starbucks for an hour or so to enjoy my quiet time with a cup of coffee.

The morning workouts have been part of my routine for about 3 years now- but the Starbucks routine was added into the mix in August of 2009.

Let's be honest. The gym doesn't happen EVERY single morning- but the Starbucks and quiet time have happened every morning since I started back in 2009. And there have been maybe 4 or 5 mornings TOP that I've not had my coffee quiet time. Believe me....once it becomes regular for you- you will notice a difference in your day BIG TIME if you do NOT have it.  And to be even MORE honest with you- the 4 or 5 times that I missed it was because I overslept...forgot to set my alarm...etc. But. Out of those 4 or 5 times- there was only one morning that I made a conscious decision NOT to wake up to have my quiet time. I was kinda upset with the Lord and basically told Him I didn't want to spend time with him that next morning. (I really did voice this out loud to Him- ok, maybe I screamed it. I was so frustrated and felt hurt by Him.) But yeah. The following day- I was so anxious to get meet with Him again- it was all ok.  It's awesome how His Word brings peace and healing to a heart that is hurting. So ALL THAT to say-  for the sake of my co-workers- the sake of my family- the sake of my friends- I can't afford not to have time with Jesus.

The choice to frequent Starbucks was because I knew I needed to get out of my apartment or else I would fall back asleep...I needed to get out. I also was working a job in which I could afford this luxury. (And no, I didn't have a fancy drink every day- I had a $2 coffee!)



So. At the end of September- My bank account was in desperate need for another paycheck (new job, new budget) - so I decided to make coffee at home and see how that would work out.

I must say- this new arrangement has been all the more sweet. I go to the gym- come home, shower- then curl up on the couch for an hour before getting ready.  I start the coffee pot before I get in the shower so that it's ready when I get out- and I now have a specific 'sweet spot' on my couch. 

A few differences in my new routine:

-I get to choose my own background music
-I can drink an entire pot of coffee if I want to
-I can curl up in pj's rather than be in my work clothes
-I have realized I need to buy a lamp for the end table in my living room. Lighting is not the best.
-At 6:40am I hear a neighbor leaving the apartment complex- cause I can hear her heels. every morning.
-If I'm reading something that makes me excited- I have a roommate who is at home and I can share with her!
-It takes less time to blow dry my hair because it's been able to air dry for about 45 minutes on it's own. (this is a BIG deal. I have long hair- and lots of it.)
-I miss seeing my baristas.

....Those are just a few. :-)
And- this concludes a blog post in which most of REALLY don't care about :-) But then again- most of my blog posts are that way.  Meaninglessness that reallllly doesn't matter to most of you.  But you read them nonetheless.  So thanks :-) Happy Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Say "hear her heels" five times really fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The one about Hailey

The one with the rooster crow

Not so Goody. Not so ouchless.