Monday, January 3, 2011

January 2011

Happy New Year, blogger friends.

2011 is gonna be a good year.  I'm naming it and claiming it!
This past weekend I spent a lot of time reading back through my journals for 2010.  And yes- that's plural....journalS....There were 3 of them!  Geeeez.  That's a lot, even for me!

I'm not one of those people that get a 'word' for the year....or have a vision for the year...(maybe I should be...?) But either way. That's not me.  Although last year, for the first time, that happened.  And I just remember hearing the Lord tell me that 2010 was going to be a battle. 

As soon as I heard him say that- I felt a quick assurance follow up with that word, battle.  The quick assurance He gave was this:  It's going to be a battle, but Minda, you are ready for it.

So.  Here we are, with 2010 wrapped up and I was reading through my journals.  When I read the last page- all I could do was sit and stare at the page.  I felt two very conflicting things.  I felt a heaviness.  Just the sense of "whoa.  that WAS a year of battle. "  Lots of hard things took place this year.  But at the same time- I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face of the sweet realization of "wow.  God, you are good. Even amidst all the hard things that took place- it was SO MUCH EASIER to walk through it with you.  And you are SO worth my trust."

As I was driving on Saturday morning- this song kept playing through my mind:

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
and to take him at his word;
just to rest upon his promise,
and to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust him more!
As I think about 2011, I realize that I still have a long way to go in the 'trusting Him' business.  But it REALLY is so sweet to trust Him.  To look back over the year and see how He provided, to see how He changed me, to see how much more I love Him.  But yes, I still will need grace to trust Him in 2011.

2011 is going to be a good year.

4 comments:

  1. 2011 is going to be a great year! I love that you re-read old journals too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is GREAT you re-read your journals for this last year. makes me want to journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going to lie.

    I cried when I read and sang that song.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Izehi- ooh i like that YOU do toO!

    @josephine! ooooh how i think you'd be an amazing journal-er :-)

    @Joe- :-) it IS sweet to trust Him, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...