Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rain

an excerpt from my personal journal on January 8, 2011:
I feel as though there has been a switch flipped in my heart this week. I feel as though in one week- the Lord has revamped my heart and I KNOW that I know.....rain is coming.
Now.  That statement might be a little confusing. Let me help you by explaining.

In Genesis.  Noah.  He's told to build an ark.  That rain would be coming. (genesis 6)

Well- here's the kicker.  He didn't know what 'rain' was.  He was just told to prepare for it. (verse 17)

Prior to this past week- if I'd been Noah's neighbor...I would have thought he was CRAZY.  Really.  A guy building a huge ark....because "rain"...whatever THAT is....was going to come.

I mean really.  They had no concept of what rain would be like..... how can you wrap your brain around something you've got nothing to associate it with?

But Noah.  He believed.  And he obeyed.  And He trusted that God would do what He said He would do.

Minda.  Minda wouldn't have believed.  She would have been a scoffer.  And said...."haaaa. right. rain. whatever THAT is."

Well.  This past week.  I participated in a New Years fast.

Here's what I felt in my heart on Saturday. 
"Minda.  'Rain' IS coming.  I know you don't know what it looks like- I know you don't know what it feels like. I know you have NOTHING to associate with it to even wrap your brain around it.  But 'rain' is coming and I want you to start speaking as though you know it's coming. I want you to start praying as though you KNOW it's coming. And I want you to believe Me when I say it's coming."

Someone posted on twitter this past week: A diet changes the way you look. A fast changes the way you see!


This. Is. So. True.

I feel as though this week- because of the fast- that I was able to SEE a situation in an entirely new light that I needed to see.

So. Rain is coming.

(if this post doesn't make sense....I'm sorry. It's still new and fresh in my heart and mind and I am not sure I'm getting it across as effectively as I would want....But.  either way.  Be looking for more on this topic in the upcoming year!) :)

3 comments:

  1. ohh! I am excited for you! :) It's gonna be GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you Minda!

    ...and you know what comes after the rain...a HARVEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah! Yessss!

    @Jeremy- good reminder!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...