Friday, February 4, 2011

pray....?

Reading from a Beth Moore book today and this clip just jumped off the page.  Because I could have very well written it myself.  I know for SURE that I've thought the same things.  Beth goes on to talk about the maturing of her prayer life- and I'm not there yet. But I'm getting there. 

I love hearing that I'm not alone in my walk....that other people struggle with things similar to me.

It makes me feel.....not alone.



On a scale of 1-10 based on the sense of God's presence and apparent response, I could have rated my prayer life a pitiful two. Don't misunderstand me, I prayed all the usuall prayers, but my ordinary mode of operation was to pray things that looked like they were probably going to turn out anyways. Can anyone else relate? Then God began calling me out of my unbelief.

My prayer life changed and matured gradually through the years  as I sought God through His Word, but something dramatic happened that suddenly pitched it forward. I hate to admit it, but it came out of a sense in prayer on day that, frankly, God was bored with my prayer life. I sensed God saying, "My child, you believe Me for so little. Don't be so safe in the things you pray. Who are you trying to keep from looking foolish? Me or you?"  You see, sometimes I decided that I'd rather not ask certain things than risk a no. I reasoned that God was sovereign and I'd simply let Him do what He wanted. In reality, I was terrified that God or I would let me down and shake what little faith I'd had.

No comments:

Post a Comment