Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Mile Marker

A year ago today....I was wrapping up my last week at my old job.

I'd turned in my 2-weeks notice on April 16, 2010- And completed my 3 years of work at that location on April 30th. 

During my last week- my coworkers sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers...They threw an AMAZING luncheon...We had a 'pool' party...They knew EXACTLY how to make me feel celebrated.

I left feeling loved and appreciated.

The following 11 days- I had a chance to rest- travel- and get a little vacation time.

I went to visit my sister, Lisa, in Phoenix as she had just moved into her new house.

The point of this blog post....

Well. Maybe not a point. But April 16 is a date in my life that I will always look back on and remember the faithfulness of God. This week- of April 30th- will be a reminder to me of the faithfulness of God. A mile marker.

I've walked with the Lord for a long time. This past year of my life has been one of my favorite years with Him.

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men." Psalm 107 (verse 8, 15, 21, and 31) ...all four verses say the same thing! :-) I will give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The one about the next chapter

#MindaOnTheMove 4.5 years ago, I made the “ fifteen minute drive north ” to Washington, DC from Tallahassee, Florida. And yes, if yo...