Thursday, April 14, 2011

Facebook comments...

At work today I was responding to a comment that someone had made on our facebook page. They mentioned a phrase that I used MANY times when I was younger.

Anyone else heard this? "The bible tells me I have to love them but I SURE don't have to like 'em!!"

Anyone?

Well. I can't tell you how many times I used that phrase. When I was younger- man- that was my fall back line if there was ever someone that I didn't care for. Ugh.

Let's be honest. It's much easier to love our family. Because they are our family. And they will always be around. Ya know?  But if there was ever a friend or acquaintance I didn't care for- I didn't ever learn to love them- I just learned to avoid them! :-) And in turn- it made 'loving' them SO much easier. ;-)

And finally. The Lord said "enough of that. I want to teach you how to love someone for REAL. I want to teach you how to love someone that has hurt you. I want to teach you how to love someone that has let you down. I want to teach you how to love someone that you can't avoid. I want to teach you to love.....like I do."

And He taught me in August of 2009. You can read about that here.

The interesting thing is...Until August of 2009....I don't think I ever really grasped how great God's love for ME was.

That brings me back to the facebook comment I responded to.

I responded on Facebook with this:  "Yes....We are called to love. And when we walk through the difficult process of loving someone...it makes Christs' love for us all the more amazing".... because we know that loving someone is not easy.

After I wrote that- I had to sit and think about that for a while. It just struck me how crazy it is how GOOD of a God I serve.  Because I'm sure that there are times in which the Lord says "daaaaaang girl. You are being DIFFICULT."  But He still loves me. And never gets tired of loving me.

And it wasn't until the Lord taught me to truly like someone that I didn't really want to like that enabled me to catch a GLIMPSE of His love for me.
Does that make sense?  Who knows. I'm still thinking about it.

Comments welcome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The one about the next chapter

#MindaOnTheMove 4.5 years ago, I made the “ fifteen minute drive north ” to Washington, DC from Tallahassee, Florida. And yes, if yo...