Wednesday, May 11, 2011

an iced coffee, a new job, and a side of crazy please!

Exactly ONE YEAR ago today- I started a new job.

I didn't sleep at all the night before- yet still got up at 5am to go to the gym. I knew that no matter what- even with no sleep- I'd still feel better if I worked out. After my work out- I got ready- grabbed my purse, bible, and journal- and headed to a new Starbucks closer to the new job- and planned to sit and read/journal for an hour before I needed to be at work.

I ordered my iced coffee and found a comfy seat. For the first 5 minutes of sitting- I observed, watched, and got a feel for the Starbucks that could possibly be the location of my quiet time for the next season of my life.

While drinking my iced coffee (have I mentioned before that I LOVE iced coffee?) - I wrote this sentence in my journal:

 "Today. I start a new job. "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you!" Psalm 116:7

What a year it has been. The Lord HAS been good to me. This time last year- I was preparing to move into a new apartment- as my current roommate was about to be married. This year- I'm preparing to move into a new residence as my current roommate is about to be married. :-)

What a rich year it has been. Grateful for where I am today.

Today- I wrote in my journal:

"Today marks one year at my 'new' job. "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you!" Psalm 116:7"

1 comment:

The one about the next chapter

#MindaOnTheMove 4.5 years ago, I made the “ fifteen minute drive north ” to Washington, DC from Tallahassee, Florida. And yes, if yo...