Thursday, June 23, 2011

An Update with pics via my iPhone

Last Wednesday morning I left my apartment with the intention of not returning until Sunday night. I headed to work-took care of business- then met up with my parents and sister at Dallas Love Field.

Upon arrival- mom handed me a brown paper bag with my name on it- and said "here are some snacks for the plane ride!" :-) That is just how my mom is. Always thinking of her girls. Always making sure we're happy and content.

Caralyn and I sat together on the plane ride. She listened to music and I read book 2 of the Hunger Games series....GO READ IT! It's amazing. :-) In addition- we of COURSE took lots of silly pictures together.

I know. I'm sure you don't appreciate how funny those pictures are as much as Caralyn and I did. But oh well :-) We had fun....So much that mom decided to join us ;-) I'll leave that picture out though unless she reads this and gives me permission to post it ;-)

We arrived in San Diego- waited for luggage- and stepped outside.

For some of you- you may think the above sentence is boring and not deserving of space on this blog post. But for those of you who can remember going to California for your first time- you know how amazing that moment was.

I stepped outside and immediately could have been fooled into believing that it REALLLY wasn't the middle of June. But no. God must love Californians more than He loves Texans. I'm sure of it after this weekend.

The weather was PERFECTION.

Anyways. Enough about the weather.

We get on the shuttle- head to a car rental place- and are on our way!
Lisa and Paul (bride and groom) were at the hotel waiting for us when we arrived!!!


We unloaded, took lots of pictures, then headed to dinner so that we could all meet Paul's family. We had dinner at BJ's and then called it a night. (and a late night it was- considering our bodies were telling us that it was really 2 hours later)

Oh. In addition- Lisa gave Caralyn and I THE best bridesmaid gifts I've ever received. Honestly. So much so- that I cried. (ok, and on the crying note- I think I've still got lots of tears that need to be had....But any time someone else cried- I would think to myself- ahhh! good! Ok- someone else is crying. It's ok for me to get a few tears out!)...With THAT said- You can rest assure that it was an emotional weekend. Emotional for one reason. Joy. There were no sad tears at this wedding. (well- ok maybe SOME sad tears- but not because Lisa was marrying Paul. There were only sad tears in regards to how we all felt that life was changing)

Thursday included cake pops (yup! I made cake pops in Cali!), pedicures, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and a bachelorette party!

Friday morning came and we all got ready to send Lisa down the aisle!

The location was GORGEOUS: Moonlight Beach- Encinitas, CA-


And the bridesmaids were pretty hott too!
But nothing....NOTHING- could have prepared me for the sight of THE most beautiful bride I've ever seen in my life.

Truly. The most beautiful bride.

The wedding went off without a hitch....Gorgeous. Weather was perfect. The setting was exquisite. The guests were amazing.

In addition- one other thing I noted this wedding weekend. Whoever marries a Corso sister is not just lucky because he's marrying a Corso sister. He's incredibly blessed to be marrying into the Corso/Scheatzle family. Really. The aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents that you will call family will BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF. The whole weekend I had an overwhelming feeling of gratefulness. Grateful for my family.

We finished the night off with great food, dancing, and cake pops! :-)

Saturday morning- all the Corso's headed to Temecula for a day in the vineyards! YUM! :-)

My mom's side of the family headed to Sea World with the 2 youngest cousins.

We met up for dinner and called it a day.

Sunday we had breakfast/coffee outside- then went to the beach for the morning....As we said goodbye to everyone- it was amazing to be able to say to ALL OF THEM "see you in a month!!!"

We will see all of my mom's side of the family in a month for my cousin Rachel's wedding in Seattle-

The following week- we'll see all the Corso's in South Carolina for family vacation on the lake!
To those of you who survived this post- you're awesome. I know it was long- but wanted to get it documented!

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh just lovely!!! I love that you all had such a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. (And it's not just you and your sister that laugh at your silly ones, either. I'm guilty, too!)I know what you're talking about at the San Diego airport--that first step outside is amazing!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It WAS truly an amazing wedding, with a beautiful bride, handsome groom and those 2 hot bridesmaids. Oh yeah, good looking best man, too. Not to mention a father of the bride who knows it's manly to cry, and a sexy, tearful mother of the bride who brought tears to HER mother's eyes.Most importantly, it was a spectacularly happy event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura- yay!!! thanks :-)
    @Cheri- hehe...i've got a LOT more of the silly ones too ;-)
    @Grandma- yessss you are right!

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...