Sunday, April 6, 2014

The one with a look back on VOTD's

I don't write much here anymore.

Seems that most of my writing has been staying in my journal.

In the past, I knew who read this crazy thing. I could say "most of you reading this know xyz about me." But these days, I don't know who reads, or what you know about me.

Something you might not know about me:

In 2009 I began sending out a morning verse of the day to about 10 people.

There's a whole long story to explain WHY I started doing this- and you can ask me about it if you'd like.

But for the purposes of this post, just know I started doing this in 2009 and have been doing it ever since. The list of people who get this has grown.

Monday-Friday at 8am about 80 people get a text message from me with a morning verse of the day. Last year I even started a Twitter account to accommodate a couple people who wanted the verse of the day- but needed it at a different time of day - and last month- an Instagram account.  @VOTDtweet.

I was looking back through some verses and came across these three.

These were sent in the 2 weeks before the apartment fire:


Jesus had gone to the garden to pray before his arrest: “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Mark 14:36. Such a good reminder for when we pray. Sometimes I feel like I'm only allowed to pray "what you want, Lord!" But even Jesus prayed "don't let this happen!! Figure out another way!....BUT. Your will. Bottom line." Have learned this last year- more than any other season of my life- His plan is best. 
Reading about Gideon this morning & how he was about to fight a battle with 32,000 men. God knew if 32,000 men fought- they'd get the credit. So he sent 31,300 men home. That's right. Only 300 would now be fighting. He wanted to MAKE SURE these men knew Who was REALLY fighting the battle for them.  If it seems your team or resources are downsizing, be prepared for God to show you how much he can do with very little. Believe me. He'll take the victory.  
"Even to your old age & gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you, I have made you & I will carry you; I will sustain you & I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4. To sustain is to keep one from "giving way" under pressure. He says twice he will sustain us. There WILL be pressure. It will seem as though we can not stand. But know this: he WILL sustain us. 


Seems He had been preparing me for what was to come.  He knew I was about to experience a downsizing. :) And trust me. He took the victory.

Not to sound preachy or anything- but. Seriously. Read your Bible. Who knows what He could be preparing you for. You're gonna need to stand on something. And his Word is a good place to stand.



1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. Sometimes I need a good read like this to help me stay positive and work harder towards my goals. We never know when something bad may happen and its always great to be prepared with Gods word. Thanks! I needed your blog today. Mine blog is still a work in progress, but I'm getting back on my feet and posting some new things very soon, :) take care.

    ReplyDelete

The one about Jaryn

The year was 2011. I needed a job and m y friend Grace was aware of this. I received a call from Grace and she said, “How do you fe...