I need to start working on NOT making this a common conversation starter: "Ooooh so this episode when Chandler..." Or "Ooooh reminds me of when Phoebe..."
But once I started thinking about it, I realize why I do that.
If I say to people in Tallahassee "Ohhh so my friend Helen was teaching a yoga class when..." they will have NO idea. They don't know Helen. They won't be able to enjoy the story.
Or if I were to say "So this one time my friend Micah had the great idea to have a fruit derby"....or "That one time my friend Hailey got a bag of pinto beans rather than a CAN of pinto beans..."
But there's a greater chance that the people in Tally MIGHT know what I'm talking about if I mention an episode of Friends.
But I'm calling it right now. It's gotten out of hand. I'm going to work on that! Promise :-)
But if I were in Dallas, here are a few subjects I could bring up and 100 different people would know EXACTLY what I was talking about:
- Elisa's birthday at Houstons (this was my very first 'event' with Gateway people)
- The toga party!
- FLAG FOOTBALL.
- Dallas Symphony- Disney style!
- The A-Top hip hop party
- ROOV Events out the wazooo!
- The one with the "One Night Stand"
- New Year's Eve FRESH....Need I say more?!
- The July 3rd party at the Simpsons!
- The cupcake party awkwardly infused with the "man night" making for one of the most awkward moments in history
- The dinner in Dallas where the restaurant thought we were bringing THE Ashlee Simpson.
- The brunch at Breadwinners
- Ultimate Frisbee
- NIGHT frisbee
- Spades Nights!
- Building 1000 bikes!
- The KitchenAid Birthday surprise
- The infamous Float the River trip with ROOV and others
- Rangers game and afterwards watching Michael Phelps set the world record for most gold medals
- Christmas movie nights at the Speakman's thanks to Josh and Helen
- Christmas movie night tradition being continued at Minda and Helen's...Then Minda and Hailey's....Then Minda and Rachel's!
- The ugly Christmas sweater party at the Lee's where one of the gifts was a personally signed Pastor Robert book telling whoever received the book that they are one of the most influential people in his life
- New Year's Eve Masquerade Ball!
- Fruit Derby
- The New Year's Day party AFTER the New Year's Eve Party at the Guy's apartment in Las Colinas
- Christmas breakfast at Brooke's
- Valentine's Day Dinners
- The game of Things. Ooooh the awkwardness. (cough cough- ROSS)
- The Crazy Awesome Trip to Austin for Keegan's Surprise Party!
- Pool Parties
- The Weddings....Dancing all. night. long.
- The travelling football parties.
- FANTASY FOOTBALL. amen.
- And then there was the Goodbye party.
To anyone in Tallahassee- this post will mean nothing to you. To those in Dallas- leave a comment and tell me which of these things you remember as well!