Skip to main content

A big update. KING Sized big. Which reminds me...how you sleepin??

If you’ve known me for any length of time, you know a couple of things about me:


• My roommates always seem to get married

• I am often finding new roommates & warning them marriage will quickly ensue by living with me.

• I love South Carolina

• I go to South Carolina once or twice a year

• I love my job

• I’m a safe person.

• I don’t like to make big decisions if it involves much risk.

Well. My roommate gets married in October- which means I’m looking to move again.

But here’s the kicker.

I’m looking to make a big move.

South Carolina, to be exact.

Why South Carolina? Well. Here are a few things.

My grandparents live there as well as my aunt/uncle/cousins

Ever since I was in High School- I wanted to move to South Carolina.

Every time I actually THOUGHT about it and started to put feet to that plan- fear overwhelmed me.

Definitely felt unsettled about it.

For the past 10 years, I have revisited that same thought… “Could I move there?”

Every time…Loved the idea- but never felt peace about it.

So when my roommate from 2010 got engaged and prepared to marry- I started thinking about SC again.

Didn’t feel the normal uneasy feeling.

Ended up moving in with a friend, Rachel (who, by the way, has been a GREAT roommate) who I knew was seriously dating someone and that marriage would soon follow.

When I made the move to this apartment with her- rather than signing a year lease at a different place- I just knew that the Lord would be doing something big in October.

Again. Revisited the SC thoughts. Still felt peace.

So. For the past month- I’ve been hitting the pavement in a BIG way looking for a job in South Carolina.

Which brings me to my other point.



I love my job. In a BIG way I love it.

The Lord totally provided this job for me in May of 2010 in the most incredible way.

My first thoughts regarding moving were “How could I leave a job that I LOVE and one that the Lord so incredibly provided for me?”

But as quickly as the question was posed- it was answered with “I’d do it all again for you.”

In the middle of even typing this out- I just got an email from a friend saying “Are you dead set on moving to SC?”

I’m not dead set on anything if the Lord decides to close doors.

But I do know- that in the meantime- I’m looking for Jobs in Greenville, SC.

So. If you know anyone out in that area that might be able to help set me up with a job- Let me know!

Questions? Comments? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

In addition- I’d love your prayers! This is a BIG deal for me.

My parents and sister live in Texas.

I’ve never NOT lived in Texas.

I have THE most amazing friends a girl could ask for in Texas.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my church and church family.

But I feel as though it’s time to step out.

Pray for me? It would be appreciated.

Comments

  1. Praying for you, sweet friend. By the way--you will bring joy and fabulous cake pops to ANYWHERE you live. Plus, that gives me more incentive to travel and sleep on your couch ; )

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pioneering spirit! If God is for you, then what could stand against you? Go in faith and go in peace! Take SC for the kingdom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten. Years.

Grew up in a small town - And when the rain would fall down - I'd just stare out my window - Dreaming of what could be - And if I'd end up happy - I would pray Trying hard to reach out - But when I tried to speak out - Felt like no one could hear me - Wanted to belong here - But something felt so wrong here - So I prayed I could break away I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly - I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky - I'll make a wish - Take a chance - Make a change - And breakaway - Out of the darkness and into the sun - But I won't forget all the ones that I love - I'll take a risk - Take a chance - Make a change - And breakaway ( Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway ) 10 years ago, this month, I graduated from Prairiland High School. (And yes, I spelled that right- according to our school, anyways.) At times I can't really wrap my mind around that particular thought...Then at other times, it feels as though it could have been 20

Saturday Morning

I have a play list on my iPod titled "Saturday Morning Cleaning." When my sisters and I were growing up, Saturday morning was spent cleaning. No questions asked. Bottom line. Purple suit and all. Oh wait. You don't know about the purple suit. I'll explain further down. We'd get to sleep in until mom and dad deemed enough, at which point they would turn on the stereo system and play praise and worship music and come wake us up. Mom or dad would have cooked us a breakfast of either pancakes, eggs, waffles, bacon, or breakfast tacos (a treat, considering M-F was normally cereal, oatmeal, etc) and on the table would be "The List" Sometimes we'd get "The List" before breakfast and sometimes after. Because, really....who wants to ruin a perfectly good breakfast with "The List." (I have to interject, even as I'm writing this...I'm just remembering how incredible my childhood was. Seriously. I had the best childhood a

Opening a Conversation

I'd like to open a conversation with you. I've read 2 articles recently that have got me thinking. And a blog is one way to open a conversation that invites response, yes? So here goes. If you leave a comment- make sure to click the button that says "email follow up responses" so you can stay part of the convo. (I know, blogspot needs to get better about this, but for now- just click the box.) Here is article number 1: http://www.relevantmagazine.com/digital-issue/53?page=66 Here is article number 2: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/27/why-young-christians-arent-waiting-anymore/ There is a new show coming up on TLC called something like "The Virgin Diaries" or something. I have to say. I've watched the preview clips and it is mortifying and embarrassing. If I were 15 and watching- I'd say "Find me the closest guy and let's get it on!" in attempts to not let that be my story. They have made the clips downright horrifyi