Skip to main content

The one with the intermission

I want to post Part 2 but I don't feel that it is even finished being lived out yet.  I sit here at the computer and it's still too fresh.

I'll come back to part 2 later.

In the meantime, I DO want to share photos with you from my time in DC and NYC. Here are a few from the summit with coworkers:





There are PLENTY more where these came from, but I'll post them later.n But I must add here- I work with the best group of people. I am so grateful this team was around me when I heard the news of the fire.

After hearing the news, they supported me, let me cry on their shoulders (and into our walkie talkie's....which I didn't know was happening...oops!), brought me froufrou drinks from Starbucks, brushed my hair, and did a fantastic job covering for me during parts of the summit when I was slacking. I LOVE this team. I am blessed. If any of you coworkers happen upon this blog- know that I am overwhelmingly grateful for you. The outpouring of support has not stopped even now that I'm back in Tallahassee.

After our conference was done in DC, Jaryn and I had a media summit to attend in NYC the following Friday.

Our summit was finished on Wednesday, and Thursday morning we went apartment hunting.

By the way. I had not made it OFFICIAL- but with the fire happening- I think it's as public as it will ever be. But I'm moving to DC in January. Surprise. Yay! :-)

I'd been making plans to move at the end of January- but didn't want to 'announce' via social media until I had signed a lease. Well. That lease will be signed in the next couple of days. And I'm officially moving to Washington, DC.

So Jaryn and I went apartment hunting Thursday morning, found some great places, then headed to Union Station where we would catch a train to NYC. My first train ride!!! I was really excited about it- until we started moving. I got a little motion sickness- but made it :)

We arrived in NYC and came up right from underneath Madison Square Garden where Justin Bieber was performing. (aka- tons of squealing girls). Welcome to the city.

We made it to our hotel in Times Square and did a quick change and freshened up.....as we had BIG PLANS!

Jaryn had scored tickets to see the Rockettes at Radio City Hall!!!!! But of course, right before seeing them- we were walking towards Radio City Music Hall when we turned a corner and saw THIS:



SOOOOOO Amazing.

The show was FANTASTIC as well:


We made our way back to the hotel, crashed, and headed out Friday morning for coffee before our media summit started.

That evening we grabbed dinner at a Puerto Rican restaurant and Jaryn was quite happy with her meal: (ok, and maybe she was just happy to finally have the Summit over :-) )

After dinner we walked around some more, and headed back to Rockefeller Center where we would be meeting up with Leticia!! 


We grabbed a cup of coffee (decaf for me, duh) and then made our way back to the hotel. Saturday morning was spent brunching it up and my first visit to Macy's on 34th street.

I also have to note- not only was this weekend being spent with fantastic people, I ran into 2 friends from Dallas while in NYC! God-ordained, for sure. He knew I needed some Dallas love. Jen and Stephanie- two separate friends- on different trips- had both posted about being in NYC. So of course we made a point to catch up and I'm so grateful we did!!




After brunch, Jaryn headed back to Tallahassee and Leticia, Jaclyn, and I celebrated 10 years of friendship with the rest of the weekend in NYC.

We met the first week of college in 2002 and have been friends ever since. I am SO glad I made the decision to stay on in NYC rather than go back to Tallahassee.

We toured the city, browsed many stores, drank lots of coffee, and ate great food.





On Sunday morning, Leticia, who lives on 34th street across the street from Macy's, made pancakes and coffee while we had a relaxing morning. The best part? Miracle on 34th Street was on TV.....WHILE I WAS ON 34TH STREET. Drinking coffee. Talk about a 'moment.'  It was quite perfect.

After breakfast we headed to a market square area and walked around before grabbing lunch.

Then it was time. We had to say bye.

Jaclyn was off back to DC, and I headed to the airport.

Tallahassee awaited me.

This is where The Fire- Part 2 will pick up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten. Years.

Grew up in a small town - And when the rain would fall down - I'd just stare out my window - Dreaming of what could be - And if I'd end up happy - I would pray Trying hard to reach out - But when I tried to speak out - Felt like no one could hear me - Wanted to belong here - But something felt so wrong here - So I prayed I could break away I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly - I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky - I'll make a wish - Take a chance - Make a change - And breakaway - Out of the darkness and into the sun - But I won't forget all the ones that I love - I'll take a risk - Take a chance - Make a change - And breakaway ( Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway ) 10 years ago, this month, I graduated from Prairiland High School. (And yes, I spelled that right- according to our school, anyways.) At times I can't really wrap my mind around that particular thought...Then at other times, it feels as though it could have been 20

Saturday Morning

I have a play list on my iPod titled "Saturday Morning Cleaning." When my sisters and I were growing up, Saturday morning was spent cleaning. No questions asked. Bottom line. Purple suit and all. Oh wait. You don't know about the purple suit. I'll explain further down. We'd get to sleep in until mom and dad deemed enough, at which point they would turn on the stereo system and play praise and worship music and come wake us up. Mom or dad would have cooked us a breakfast of either pancakes, eggs, waffles, bacon, or breakfast tacos (a treat, considering M-F was normally cereal, oatmeal, etc) and on the table would be "The List" Sometimes we'd get "The List" before breakfast and sometimes after. Because, really....who wants to ruin a perfectly good breakfast with "The List." (I have to interject, even as I'm writing this...I'm just remembering how incredible my childhood was. Seriously. I had the best childhood a

Opening a Conversation

I'd like to open a conversation with you. I've read 2 articles recently that have got me thinking. And a blog is one way to open a conversation that invites response, yes? So here goes. If you leave a comment- make sure to click the button that says "email follow up responses" so you can stay part of the convo. (I know, blogspot needs to get better about this, but for now- just click the box.) Here is article number 1: http://www.relevantmagazine.com/digital-issue/53?page=66 Here is article number 2: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/27/why-young-christians-arent-waiting-anymore/ There is a new show coming up on TLC called something like "The Virgin Diaries" or something. I have to say. I've watched the preview clips and it is mortifying and embarrassing. If I were 15 and watching- I'd say "Find me the closest guy and let's get it on!" in attempts to not let that be my story. They have made the clips downright horrifyi